Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Why Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager only with UpdatePanel?

Why do I only get access to Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager if I have an updatepanel in my page? I have some really good uses for this method, but right now I only get access to the object if I include an UpdatePanel in the page.

If I want to include this when I have my control in the page, what is the parameters needed to extract it from the resources using Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl ?

In the RTM version (due out by the end of this month), Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager will be available even if you don't have an UpdatePanel on the page. In the mean time, I recommend just putting an empty one on the page: <asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" />.


Perfect !

Wow - glad I found this post, that was going to be a long, painful and probably fruitless debug session otherwise. Thanks for that!

PS. Anyone know *why* this is the case?

No comments:

Post a Comment