Monday, March 26, 2012

Windows 2000 not supported on v1.0 Beta release?

Surprised that Windows 2000 is not supported on the v1.0 Beta release. States: Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP and will not install on Windows 2000. We still have a lot of W2000 servers that cannot be upgraded immediately, but would love to use Atlas framework with. Right now we are on the July CTP. Any plans to add support for 2000?

Thanks

Probably not because the OS is almost 7 years old right now. I think the main reason is because of lack of features in IIS, but I would think this would also apply to Windows XP since it also uses IIS 5. I would be interested in hearing if it actually does install on Windows 2000, it might be worth a try.

The v1.0 Beta release is supported on Windows 2000. I see the OS is not listed on the "install docs" page so I'll get that fixed.

Have you actually tried to do the install yet? Should work fine.

Thanks,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment