Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wizard Control, Ajax and the Enter key

I've been through quite a few posts talking about problems with the Enter key in these forums, but no-one describing exactly what I'm experiencing, so please forgive me if I've missed the answer.

I've narrowed it down to a simple repeatable scenario in a VB ASP.NET application. Create a new form, add a Scriptmanager, an UpdatePanel and a Wizard control. Put a single textbox on the first step of the wizard control. This is the crucial bit: in the code-behind Page_Load event, put TextBox1.focus(). View the new form in the browser, type any text in the textbox (focus should already be set) and hit the Enter Key. It crashes with

this._postbackSettings.async is null or not an object

Any ideas anyone? If I don't set the focus in the codebehind, but click on the textbox and then enter text, it's ok.

_Ade.

Hi

I am afraid we cannot find out the exact root cause without further information captured when the problem occurs.

To troubleshoot this issue, we really need the source code to reproduce the problem, so that we can investigate the issue in house. It is not necessary that you send out the complete source of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business logic from it.

Thank you.


Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I've been away for a couple of weeks.

If you do exactly what I said in the original post, doesn't that reproduce the problem? It does for me.

I can send you sample code if you like, but I'm not sure how to go about it it. The only line of code I've actually *written* is "Textbox1.focus", the rest is form creation, dragging and dropping!

_Ade

No comments:

Post a Comment