Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wiki Januari/Februari CTP question

Downloaded the latest bits of the Wiki but was unable to attach the needed database files to my SQL Server 2005.I can't run SQL Express beside SQL Server for some stupid reason so I'm missing the .ldf files in order to be able to get the project going.

Can these .ldf files be retrieved somehow or is there some other procedure that I can use to get the .mdf files attached?

Or even better can someone explain me why I can see SQL Express in the SQL Server Managament Studio and play with it but when I want to view the databases in my App_Data subfolder in VS.NET 2005 I'm unable to get access to it... Error message always gives me this:

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.

Also when I just want to run an application by hitting F5 I get this message.

Thanks in advance!Anyone?

Hi,

I already provided an answer toyour post that pointed to this one. You can use the

sp_attach_single_file_db command to get it to work.

Grz, Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment