Monday, March 26, 2012

Windows XP-Like Folder Browser

Hi I'm not sure whether I'm posting to the correct place. I am trying to create a page that allows users to create a page to my website. This page contains a "Store" button, which when clicked calls a popup window (using ModalPopupExtender), which will then prompt the user where the page is to be stored. I was thinking of making this popup look similar to a "Save File As..." dialog box in Windows. My problem is I have no idea what controls to choose or how to even start on this popup. I am fairly new to asp.net and ajax and would like to hear your feedbacks/suggestions. Thanks.Hello gulrnpink,

why not to use the standard one? Just prepare the file to store and use the
following code for this

Response.Clear
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + targetFile.Name)

Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", targetFile.Length.ToString)
Response.ContentType = "application/"
Response.WriteFile(targetFile.FullName)

g> Hi I'm not sure whether I'm posting to the correct place. I am
g> trying to create a page that allows users to create a page to my
g> website. This page contains a "Store" button, which when clicked
g> calls a popup window (using ModalPopupExtender), which will then
g> prompt the user where the page is to be stored. I was thinking of
g> making this popup look similar to a "Save File As..." dialog box in
g> Windows. My problem is I have no idea what controls to choose or how
g> to even start on this popup. I am fairly new to asp.net and ajax and
g> would like to hear your feedbacks/suggestions. Thanks.
g>
The page will actually be stored in a table called directory, which will then be called by another page using a treeview structure. This "Folder Browser" control will be populated using the data in my directory table. The control will not be displaying the folder structure within their Windows OS. Any suggestion? Thanks.

I think you can use Membership class which is built in .NET 2.0

There you can create profile per user and about storing page you have to create folder in web root

Store the pages under that folder


Actually, before users can access my website, they are prompted to enter their logon credentials. When the logon info entered has a match in my user table, the user is then granted access to my website. Things displayed inside the website will vary depending on the user's rights.

The thing I am looking for is how I can create a folder browser much like a Windows XP's "Save File As..." dialog. In this dialog box, I am planning to have a "Path" area where in the parent folder (first level) is displayed on the top maybe using a dropdownlist by default with a box underneath containing all the subfolders at the second folder. If such subfolder contains subfolders (third level), then double-clicking on that particular folder will cause its subfolders to be displayed and replacing the "Path" area to display the parent folder of the subfolders currently being displayed. All of the said folders will be coming directly from a table in my Oracle database. I can't find any documentation to help me get started on this project. Any suggestions?


Checkout the following, it has a nice filebrowsing features based upon update panel:
http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/07/ajax_style_folder_browser_part.html
http://mattberseth.com/blog/2007/07/hwo_to_create_an_aspnet_ajax_s.html


Thanks, Kazi. Those were some helpful sites. I can use the gridview technique to populate my child nodes. My only problem now is how I would be able to populate the dropdownlist above the gridview to show a treeview structure of my whole directory. Thanks.

I think you can modify it to suite your need.


Thats cool example

No comments:

Post a Comment