Wednesday, March 28, 2012

wierd behavior on submit button (partial postback acting as full postback randomly)

I setup this example from here, but I am getting some weird behaviour.

First off I was getting the pretty famous popup error of "unknown error" I was able to fix this by adding

<xhtmlConformancemode="Transitional"/>

to the web.config.

Right now the weird error that I am experiencing however is when I do a partial postback, the button actually does a full postback the first time, then after that it turns to partial post backs. This behaviour isn't always consistent, sometimes it takes 10 postbacks before it starts working as a proper AJAX partial postback.

Doesn't make any sense to me ?

Any one got an idea on this one? I copied the source directly from here, its very straightforward.

article

I have the same behavior. But I think in my case it is because I'm running vista RC1

If I clear my temporary internet files it seems to work ok for a while tho


I'm still running windows 2000 and its messing up, so I don't think it has anything to do with that.


At first clearing temp files seemed to help, but now it doesn't. It's so erratic that I can't come up with any possible ideas right now.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

mike123

No comments:

Post a Comment