Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Why there is no *.aspx.designer.vb files in Visual studio 2005?

On my computer windows XP, I use visual studio 2005 for development. I create a atlas project for my work.

Everytime when I create a new aspx or ascx file, there is no *.aspx.designer.vb file. But on some other computers(same environment), when create a new webform, VS will gerenate 3 files:

*.aspx, *.aspx.vb., *.aspx.designer.vb

Why? any settings related to this issue?

Hi,

the *.aspx.vb will not generate if you unselect checkbox "Place code in separate file" when you create a web form.

hope can help you.


Thanks for you reply. I knew that.

But I am not taliking about *.aspx.vb, I am talking about *.aspx.designer.vb

This *.aspx.designer.vb will hold all control variables declared in page *.aspx


Hi,

The computer where you can see the aspx.designer.vb file has the addin "Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects" available athttp://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx. Be aware that by installing the addin you do loose some feature at the moment like "profile", there is a work around available also, check the code project to get the addon.

Hope this helps you.

PS: I hope that microsoft changes there mind on the designer files, i love partial classes but i do not like loosing view of the main class.

VBS1


Thanks.

So if aspx.designer.vb is invisible on my computer under a wep application inside a solution, anyway can find out this aspx.designer.vb file for webform?

No comments:

Post a Comment