Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wizard inside of update panel, still getting postbacks

Hi,

I placed a wizard inside of an update panel and when I click on the button for the next step, I still get a postback. I have tried setting the mode to conditional and it still occurs.

I even tried making a new atlas website and putting nothing but the update panel with the wizard inside and it still does not work. Here is the code below. Any idea what I am doing wrong??

<atlas:ScriptManagerID="ScriptManager1"runat="server"/><div><atlas:UpdatePanelID="UpdatePanel1"runat="server"Mode="Conditional"><ContentTemplate><asp:WizardID="Wizard1"runat="server"><WizardSteps><asp:WizardSteprunat="server"Title="Step 1"></asp:WizardStep><asp:WizardSteprunat="server"Title="Step 2"></asp:WizardStep></WizardSteps></asp:Wizard></ContentTemplate></atlas:UpdatePanel>

Hi,

it seems that you are not setting EnablePartialRendering="True" in the ScriptManager control.

Yes you are right. In the sample code I pasted that was the problem (and I feel very stupid). However in my actual code I did remember to set partial rendering to true.

Now, that being said, I think I figured out what was wrong, and hopefully the Atlas guys watching this forum can tell us if I am correct.

A little more background on the page first, it is a content page and the master page has a flash banner on it that I put their using the asp.net 2.0 flash control. On my developoment machine I didn't have the flash file it was pointing to. Instead of throwing an exception when I view the page in my browser it just kept perpetually loading the page.

It occured to me that the update panel may not work properly if the page had never completed loading before a postback was called. All I had to do was copy the flash file from the webserver to my development system and VOILA! The page loads, the update panel works.


Hi,

glad to hear that you solved it :) I'll bookmark this post for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment